Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Cleaning Routine Experiment

Over the past couple of years with a lot of free time and a small house, it's been easy to clean everything in one day if necessary.  Keeping everything perfectly tidy has never been my goal.  But as my teaching load and Kyle's school load have made more demands on our time, keeping the house to a point that I can think has became more of a priority and challenge. We do not host piano students in our tiny home.  All of the space is used for Kyle's study and my preparations for teaching.  Kyle loves to have his resources readily available--in the living room, or dining room table, his desk, etc.  And I love to keep music on the piano.  The cleaning is for us only or for the limited family or friends who seldom visit us.  I'm so glad that we have the opportunity to be close to UAMS and I do try my best to take care of sweet Kyle.

So in my endeavors to clean with limited time, I've created a checklist to help me to not be too overwhelmed with cleaning the entire house in one day.  This past week was my first week to try the checklist.  Next week maybe I'll check more things off, but it's been a good experience so far.

Week 2
Week 3
Not so great, but I'm still making progress.


No comments: